[time-nuts] Looking for info about first true radio controlled clock

Javier Herrero jherrero at hvsistemas.es
Wed Feb 23 13:09:00 UTC 2011

El 23/02/2011 05:53, jimlux escribió:
> CCSDS time codes reference NASA 36 bit.. maybe a reference it's in the
> back of the CCSDS standard.

First CCSDS.301 issue seems to be January 1987, and references (on the
4th issue, Nov 2010) listed at last page seems not very old. CUC
recommended epoch, as per the standard, is  1 Jan 1958. CUC is longer
than 36 bit (I have met it with 56-bit, but can be different), and no
reference to NASA 36-bit code seems to appear there (except if I've
overlooked it :) )

Last issue can be downloaded here
http://public.ccsds.org/publications/archive/301x0b4.pdf Some older
versions are also available.

Regards,

Javier

Javier Herrero                            EMAIL: jherrero at hvsistemas.com
Chief Technology Officer
HV Sistemas S.L.                          PHONE:         +34 949 336 806
Los Charcones, 17                         FAX:           +34 949 336 792
19170 El Casar - Guadalajara - Spain      WEB: http://www.hvsistemas.com