[time-nuts] Earthquake meets time ball

Steve Rooke sar10538 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 09:33:46 UTC 2011

Shame that the rest of Lyttleton is wrecked!

And I survived this one too, just about, almost had a desktop PC hit
me in the head but I had the presence of mind to knock it away with my
hands. It's pretty grim here but time still goes on.

All the best everyone,
Steve in Quakechurch

On 24/02/2011, Murray Greenman <Murray.Greenman at rakon.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> You may recall we discussed here some time back about how time was
> disseminated in days gone past, and mentioned Time Balls at various
> locations from Greenwich onward.
>
> I'd forgotten that there was (and still is) one at Lyttleton, NZ, right
> at the epicentre of the big earthquake. This historical building has as
> a result been badly damaged, but the ball and its tower still in place.
>
> See
> http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/image.cfm?c_id=1&gal_gid=116950&galler
> y_id=116940#7382812
>
> 73,
> Murray ZL1BPU

Steve Rooke - ZL3TUV & G8KVD
The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.
- Einstein