[time-nuts] Earthquake meets time ball

Dave Brown tractorb at ihug.co.nz
Thu Feb 24 11:19:55 UTC 2011

Damn quakes - yet again - I am faced with having to repair the
pendulum on my No. 36 clock. And I had only got it running again for a
couple of weeks after fixing the damage from the September quake!
 Not all bad I guess- at least the rack mounted gear keeps going as
long as the batteries hold up- out here in the nor'west of the city we
only had a short break in the AC supply this time. ADSL was out for 36
hrs though till I chased 'em up and had the port reset.
 Real shame re the timeball station though- great old place- I hope
they rebuild it.
Dare say it will be way down the list of priorities.
DaveB, NZ