[time-nuts] VCXO help

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 25 14:32:34 UTC 2011

On 2/25/11 3:05 AM, EWKehren at aol.com wrote:
> As part of the D/M project the counter uses a 100 MHz VCO with an AD 4001
> PLL. To simplify further I would like to consider a very simple VCXO, easily
>   available components, no tuning, any ideas out there. For once phase noise
> is of  no concern.
> Bert Kehren

no tuning, but you *do* need some adjustment range, right (it needs a
voltage control port?)

what about one of the TCXOs out there that has the "resistor trim" for
frequency?

Just randomly.. A Vectron TX400 has a +/-12 ppm tuning range on the EFC
input.. that's about 1200 Hz...

http://www.vectron.com/products/tcxo/tx-400.pdf

Digikey shows a whole bunch of Crystek VCOs for around $20-30