[time-nuts] VCXO help

EWKehren at aol.com EWKehren at aol.com
Fri Feb 25 14:52:08 UTC 2011

Thanks for the input, do not forget the total system cost has to be $200,
the latest version has a simple VCO but I would like to eliminate component
selection, may stay with the present design, but the Cirrus CS 2300
followed by  a bubbler may be the answer. Maybe there is something like the 2300
out there  that goes to 100 MHz in a package  that normal time-nuts (if there
is such  a thing) can solder.
Bert

In a message dated 2/25/2011 9:33:43 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jimlux at earthlink.net writes:

On  2/25/11 3:05 AM, EWKehren at aol.com wrote:
> As part of the D/M project  the counter uses a 100 MHz VCO with an AD 4001
> PLL. To simplify  further I would like to consider a very simple VCXO,
easily
>   available components, no tuning, any ideas out  there. For once phase
noise
> is of  no concern.
> Bert  Kehren

no tuning, but you *do* need some adjustment range,  right (it needs a
voltage control port?)

what about one of the  TCXOs out there that has the "resistor trim" for
frequency?

Just  randomly.. A Vectron TX400 has a +/-12 ppm tuning range on the EFC
input..  that's about 1200  Hz...

http://www.vectron.com/products/tcxo/tx-400.pdf

Digikey  shows a whole bunch of Crystek VCOs for around  $20-30