[time-nuts] VCXO help

Tijd Dingen tijddingen at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 25 15:49:33 UTC 2011

Pardon my ignorance, but what is a bubbler? Is that time-nut speak for a
frequency doubler of some sort? Guessing at a doubler since you mention
needing a 100 MHz output, and the CS2300 only has a  6-75 MHz output range.

Just thinking aloud here...

IF (big if ;) you are considering doubling, you might just as well use the
ICS670-03.
Add a flip-flop between the FBCLK and FBIN to serve as an external
divide-by-two.
Then you can use the x5 and x10 settings to give you an effective division
factor
of 10 and 20 respectively. Which in turn gives you 100 MHz output for that 5
Mhz
or 10 MHz input.

regards,
Fred