[time-nuts] PN sequence generation using GPS

ehydra ehydra at arcor.de
Sat Feb 26 13:23:38 UTC 2011

Spread-spectrum and similar schmes were a little kind of secret and
secure communication around 1970 where the mathematics where done in the
years before, beginning with the classic Shannon paper about information
theory. Many papers were classified to help protect the knowledge their.

Especially for the military it was interesting because the average
knowledge level was low for this and the machinery to crack the code on
air was way more expensive the average bad 'terroris't would effort.

As it became common to have FFT-based receiver equipment 'for cheap'
this doctrine wen't useless. Useless the same as thinking atomic bombs
will secure freedom.

If one looks in the spectrum in a very fine granular structure the data
transferred by SS will be seen on every single spread-code bit!! All
needed is a high-enough S/N and a lot of computing power. On the analog
side the receiver must be very strong signal capable so other
'intruders' will not be mixed-in in the wanted signal.

A FFT ist nothing more than an integration on every small frequency step.

- Henry

--
ehydra.dyndns.info