[time-nuts] Partridge Divider Board

Pete Lancashire pete at petelancashire.com
Mon Feb 28 21:43:08 UTC 2011

Sadly the Tektronix Peltola connector system seems to have gone away ?
Somewhere along the line of history it was sold to or picked up by Tensolite.

http://pdf.directindustry.com/pdf/tensolite/tensolite-precision-harness-and-assembly/26960-20256-_26.html
http://pdf.directindustry.com/pdf/tensolite/rf-microwave-products-connectors-cables-assemblies/26960-20253-_167.html

I can't find it on their website.

This is the connector setup that Tek used in most of their products
from the later 60's for at least 25 years
It was the brainchild of Ron Peltola one the may Tekkies that made the
old Tek what they were.

It would allow in this case to have a low cost RB-174 to PCB and then
one could terminate the coax into
a SMA or BNC. Tek even had BNC's with a Peltola socket in the rear.

I see it on the Tek website

http://www2.tek.com/cmswpt/faqdetails.lotr?ct=FAQ&cs=faq&ci=4135&lc=EN

The Peltola connector was developed for in-house use by Tektronix (and
developed by Ron Peltola).
However, the pieces to make the connector are these:

The Male coaxial connector consists of the RG-174 coax center
conductor as the male pin, with the braided shield pressed between two
eyelets, part number 210-0775-00 (smaller one) and part number
210-0774-00 (larger one). The outer eyelet is then "dimpled" to secure
the eyelet-shield-eyelet combination.

The Female (circuit board mounted) connector consists of 2 pieces. In
the center is the socket pin connector, part number 136-0252-07 and
the connector recepticle (with 3 circuit board mounting tabs), part
number 131-1003-00.

These parts are orderable through Tektronix at 800-833-9200.

The killer is the crimping tool not fancy but necessary.