[time-nuts] Form factor

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 3 15:16:09 UTC 2011

bownes wrote:
> I love those Hammond boxes until I have to pay the bill. The one for my n2pk VNA was about $28.

I find the non-parallel sides really inconvenient on the Hammond boxes.
    It means you can't mount the boards to the sides of the box, just to
the bottom or the top.

  COMPAC (http://www.compac-rf.com/)  has enclosures that are a section
of a rectangular tube aluminum extrusion with lids.  I think you could
improvise pretty well with some other technique (i.e. buying some other
kind of extrusion and cutting it yourself.)  Yes, the screws to hold the
lids on are tiny and numerous, which is a pain. And I'd hate to have to
do it by hand.