[time-nuts] LCD display connector

shalimr9 at gmail.com shalimr9 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 20:56:15 UTC 2011

I have had mixed success (I am being generous) getting these kinds of displays working properly after being disassembled. The trick is to align the display itself with the traces on the PWB. The elastomeric connection is a funny thing that conducts electricity in only one direction, so its alignment is not as critical as that of the display over the traces on the PWB. There is typically no glue involved, it is only secured with pressure.

Success of the reassembly depends on the density of the connections. Many fine pitched pads spell trouble.

Didier KO4BB