[time-nuts] LCD display connector

Jim Palfreyman jim77742 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 02:47:07 UTC 2011

Folks,

Well I had some 70% isopropyl alcohol swabs and so used them.

No matter what I did there are still some segments not working. Checked the
contacts on the pcb with a cro and all seemed to have some sort of signal on
them. Tried rotating and flipping the zebra strip and always the same
segments not working.

My conclusion is that the LCD is damaged. (Looks fine though.)

May have to buy another unit. :-(

Thanks for the interesting thread.

Jim Palfreyman