[time-nuts] LCD display connector (really isopropanol sources)

David Martindale dave.martindale at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 04:43:37 UTC 2011

>From an ordinary drug store in Vancouver BC, my wife found "Isopropyl
Alcohol 99% USP", described as "Topical antiseptic and anti-bacterial
agent".  The manufacturer is "Pure Standard Products".  She says it
was just sitting on the shelf at this drug store.

If you can't find it at yours, try asking the pharmacist.  The 99%
stuff is intended for things like swabbing skin ahead of a hypodermic
needle, not as rubbing alcohol, and they might not put both on the
shelves to avoid confusing people.

By the way, the stuff sold by Active Electronics is made by MG
Chemicals, and is labelled "Isopropyl Alcohol 99.953% Pure Anhydrous".

     Dave