[time-nuts] Looking for Tracor 599 VLF Receiver Manual

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 19:57:21 UTC 2011

Al,
Bert who is on this list is quite an expert. He has helped me.
I have a pair of 599s One working the other so so.
Several comments.
Pretty sure that your 599 will not do loran.
Loran was nothing like what the system worked on steady cw carriers.
Generally it worked on 25 KC and below on the stations that no longer exist
wwvl as an example.
There was a mod that allowed it to work on 60 KC. What I have done not all
that successfully with Berts guidance was modify the vco for 60 hhz. It does
indeed work but I loose lock from the boston area.
Those octal sockets are for filters for the various stations.
Regards
Paul.