[time-nuts] Looking for Tracor 599 VLF Receiver Manual

EWKehren at aol.com EWKehren at aol.com
Wed Jan 5 20:03:29 UTC 2011

Paul, did you scan the manual?
Bert

In a message dated 1/5/2011 2:58:25 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
paulswedb at gmail.com writes:

Al,
Bert who is on this list is quite an expert. He has helped  me.
I have a pair of 599s One working the other so so.
Several  comments.
Pretty sure that your 599 will not do loran.
Loran was nothing  like what the system worked on steady cw carriers.
Generally it worked on  25 KC and below on the stations that no longer exist
wwvl as an  example.
There was a mod that allowed it to work on 60 KC. What I have done  not all
that successfully with Berts guidance was modify the vco for 60  hhz. It
does
indeed work but I loose lock from the boston area.
Those  octal sockets are for filters for the various  stations.
Regards
Paul.