[time-nuts] R&S XSRM Rubidium

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Sun Jan 9 18:54:12 UTC 2011

On 09/01/11 18:44, cdelect at juno.com wrote:
> This link shows the light from a rubidium spectral lamp.
>
> Its appearance is quite similar to the rubidium lamps used in various
> rubidium standards.
>
> There can be a slight bluish cast also, especially at low temperatures as
> the lamp warms up.
>
> I'm not familiar with the R&S but depending on the design there may not
> be any channel to view the lamps discharge!

Now I know where to look when the device is disassembled. It is not
possible to see when assembled.

> http://www.lamptech.co.uk/Spec%20Sheets/Osram%20Spectral%20Rb.htm

This is the colour I have. Notice that it is a Rubidium/Xeon mixture.

I have now adjusted the OCXO and the loop pulled in every adjustment
nicely, so the loop is safely closed. Only C-field adjustments and ADEV
measurements remains. :)

Thanks for everyone contributing! :)

Cheers,
Magnus