[time-nuts] 10811 foam enclosure

Rick Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Mon Jan 10 01:49:56 UTC 2011

WarrenS wrote:

> a) Aging Rate spec <5e-10, easy to find ones that are 100 times better

That is news to me, having looked at 100's of 10811's.

> b) Temp TC for small changes, easy to find/Made them 100 times better with
> outer oven

I'm surprised, but haven't detailed knowledge.  The outer
oven was supposed to be good for 10X

> d) Allan at 1 sec, 5e-12, Not so easy, but you can find them >10 times
> better.

Agreed.  The measurement system for Allan wasn't all that great
itself, so we never really knew how good they might get, but
5e-13 certainly was achieved by some units.

Rick Karlquist N6RK