[time-nuts] 10811 foam enclosure

WarrenS warrensjmail-one at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 10 16:26:00 UTC 2011

IMHO, The dual oven 10811 oscillators I've seen are not designed as some
hack JUST to do a quick warm-up.
The six sided heater and all the trouble they went thru to insulate the
inside oven from any effects from the outside is a design meant to keep the
inside oven highly isolated from wide ambient  temperature changes.
The fact that the outside oven is such an overkill in both the total power
it can supply and how isolated it keeps the inside, It will surely do both.
The outside oven on mine runs at 1/100 of it's max heating power, and any
osc frequency change caused by normal room temperature changes is will below
the oscillator's noise level.
In other words, normal lab temperature variations, have NO measurable effect
on the Dual Oven 10811's frequency, something that can NOT be said of the
single oven unit's I've tested.
ws

At 07:59 AM 1/10/2011, Bob Camp wrote...