[time-nuts] CS reservoir depletion

EB4APL eb4apl at cembreros.jazztel.es
Fri Jan 14 15:05:27 UTC 2011

Hi,

I can get a 00105-6013 xtal oscillator that is the type used in the
5051A and 5065 standards.  Does it worth for a standalone frequency
standard or the more modern compact types such the miniature units from
the telco towers salvage coming from China are more convenient?
I realize that I need to provide both with a low noise power supply,
specially for the frequency control voltage, but the in modern ones the
supply issue is simpler and they give the (usually) more convenient 10
MHz output instead of 5 MHz.  I don't know if the HP unit is usually
quieter or more stable.
I also I know that it depends of the intended use. In this case it is
for my home lab which includes a compact Rb and a soon to be built GPSDO.

Regards,
Ignacio, EB4APL