[time-nuts] CS reservoir depletion

Rick Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Fri Jan 14 18:34:14 UTC 2011

Bob Camp wrote:
> Hi
>
> There is a lot of data that says crystals "relax" while off power. The
> older
> they are (the older the process) the more likely they are to do so. The
> net
> effect is that they will move much faster on a per day basis than you
> would
> expect them to. They will eventually calm down, but it can take months.

My experience with 10811's is that it didn't matter much whether
they have been off for a week or a year as far as settling down
was concerned.  Also "on and off" effectively refers to the oven.
Turning the oscillator on and off while keeping the oven on
continuously has little effect.

Rick Karlquist N6RK