[time-nuts] CS reservoir depletion

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 14 21:18:10 UTC 2011

On 1/14/11 6:55 AM, Robert Lutwak wrote:
> Before this indelible conversation goes too far, note that cesium beam
> frequency standards are explicitly included on the U.S. ITAR list under
> §121.IV.28 and that, under  §120.10.a, this prohibits the dissemination of
>
> "(1) Information, other than software as defined in § 120.10(d), which is
> required for the design development, production, manufacture, assembly,
> operation, repair, testing, maintenance or modification of defense articles.
> This includes information in the form of blueprints, drawings, photographs,
> plans, instructions and documentation."

http://www.pmddtc.state.gov/regulations_laws/itar_official.html

I don't think so..
I looked through the current USML, and the word cesium doesn't appear in
it.  Spaceflight qualified atomic frequency standards ARE on the USML,
but I didn't see anything in there about standards for terrestrial use.
  Might have missed it, or maybe it's a "dual use" and controlled under
the EAR, not ITAR?