[time-nuts] "PYLT" Python LabTools

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sun Jan 16 22:14:29 UTC 2011

phk at phk.freebsd.dk said:
> Where to find the instruments is obviously something that should be
> abstracted once more people starts to use this, I'm open to both suggestions
> and patches in that respect.

How about a config file?

I think it needs something like:
  A symbolic name (used by top level PYLT code)
  The type of instrument (from the set of supported ones)
  The type of access hardware
  /dev/whatever
  Possibly more info like
    GPIB Address

I'm thinking of something like a line for each instrument.

There is overlap between the type of access hardware and the /dev/whatever
If you use symbolic links you can derive one from the other.