[time-nuts] Symmetricom CSAC is Cs acting like a Rb unit

Chris Erickson ericksonc2 at comcast.net
Wed Jan 19 07:16:19 UTC 2011

Don't overlook the fact that it also puts out a square wave signal. Great
for a digital clock pulse, but for a clean radio reference you also have to
remember the nature of a square wave - it is an infinite number of odd
harmonics. There's a lot of built in jitter. You'd need to filter the heck
out of it to get it down to a 10 MHz sine wave. The level may then need to
be boosted back up to a usable level.

Really neat device though.

Chris Erickson