[time-nuts] GC-1000 Clock Cap Choice?

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Wed Jan 19 20:41:23 UTC 2011

Brooke,

On 01/19/2011 09:31 PM, Brooke Clarke wrote:
> Hi Magnus:
>
> I've just placed an order for 16 different kinds of caps.
> Most of them are either low leakage or low series resistance
> electrolytic types but also a small number of plastic film caps. Should
> be here in a few days.

It would be interesting to try these out with a capacitance meter at
various temperatures. See how capacitance and loss changes over time.
The memory effect would also be fun to test if it changes. Should be
enlightening. Another thing would be to see how it varies with applied
voltage.

> Also have replacements for the tone decoder PLL ICs and the Op Amps that
> drive them, but will replace the caps first and see what happens.

Sounds like a fun project. Have fun!

Cheers,
Magnus