[time-nuts] R&S XSRM Rubidium

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 03:47:31 UTC 2011

Well I think bad news.
I have a frs c apart. Unfortunately the rb lamp doesn't even light at all. I
have been getting RF at about 80.5 Mhz though at the moment I am not. I do
not see any residue on the bulb.
On one of the websites I did see that the lamp should run outside of the
oven. Granted not correctly but should ignite. I guess my low lamp V was
really saying no lamp. So my fear is this really is not recoverable.
I plan to dig into the oscillator tomorrow to see whats up.
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 3:09 PM, Bruce Griffiths <bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz