[time-nuts] cheap antenna

Jerry jreed123 at cox.net
Fri Jan 21 23:52:20 UTC 2011

I would like to thank everyone on the list who helped me get through
the problems with my 58503 and the suggestions that resulted in my
getting a Trimble Tbolt which is now up and working.  Someone a bit
back was looking for a cheap antenna and while waiting for my used HP
antenna to come from China I happened across a good cheap antenna at
Frys Electronics for $29.99.  It is a Gilsson Technologies FME
universal GPS antenna.  It works well with my Tbolt getting up to 8
satellites while setting on top of my Bird watt meter inside of my ham
shack and doesn't complain about antenna opens or shorts.  It is water
tight and come with a removable magnetic mount and 10 feet of coax and
interchangeable connectors, I am using the BNC connector.  For $30
bucks it is a bargain and Frys also has a mail order if you don't have
one locally.  No connection with either Gilsson or Frys, just a happy
customer.
Jerry