[time-nuts] power spectrum of hard limiter output

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 24 06:21:47 UTC 2011

On 1/23/11 7:34 PM, shalimr9 at gmail.com wrote:
> Jim,
>
> You should be able to model it in Spice and do an FFT on the output.

Or in Matlab.. Simulation is easy for this one...

I was looking for a paper that looked at it analytically.. I figure it's
such a straightforward thing that someone back in the 60s or 70s slogged
through the stuff and did it.  I found some papers from the late 70s
where they look at 2 or more tones in AWGN through a hard limiter.

I figure that Bessel functions enter into it somewhere (because when you
talk limiters, you're talking PM or FM, and Bessel functions always show
up)....

And I'm lazy enough to not do the derivation myself and throw myself on
on the kindness of strangers.  (hmmm are timenuts strangers?  they're
strange, that's to be sure...)