[time-nuts] power spectrum of hard limiter output

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Mon Jan 24 21:41:28 UTC 2011

Hi

Most communications systems also have constraints based on signals in
adjacent channels. That pretty much forces a solution of "lots of filter
before lots of gain". Distributing both gain and filtering across multiple
stages gets you into a variety of issues that map junk into the passband.
Once the junk is there, you can't get rid of it later.

Bob