[time-nuts] Frequency based on mobile services

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 15:53:56 UTC 2011

There are commercial radio clocks that receive the CDMA signal and use
it for timing. Here is one company and they have a write-up comparing
CDMA to GPS.  Short answer, GPS works at the nanosecond level CDMA at
the microsecond level but CDMA can go through walls while GPS needs to
see the sky
http://www.endruntechnologies.com/gps-cdma.htm

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 7:25 AM, Raj <vu2zap at gmail.com> wrote:
> TimeNut folks,
>
>        A thought occurred to me that there should be a way to lock our OCXO/TCXOs to cell phone services signals that that is present almost everywhere. I am not conversant with cellular technology so I am curious!
>
>        Any ideas and/or thoughts?
>
> Cheers
>
> --
> Raj, VU2ZAP