[time-nuts] Mass vs BTU Function

J. Forster jfor at quik.com
Thu Jan 27 20:47:05 UTC 2011

The heat capacity of an object is the "Heat Capacity" = M * Cp

M = Mass
Cp = Specific Heat (at constant pressure)

M = Vol * SG

SG = Specific Gravity ( = density/density of water)

So, Heat Capacity = Vol * SG * Cp

If you want to know how much heat is required to change tempo:

Heat = Vol * SG * Cp * (delta T)  - all in same unit system of course.

-John