[time-nuts] worth salvaging ?

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 01:27:21 UTC 2011

Peter a couple of comments.
Great pictures you can really see the technology and if the net connection
wasn't so slow I would look at the eprom dates and such.
I know Odetics, the company well. I think they are long gone or the
goverment div survived so that suggests these are circa 1990-1994.
I have been working with another time-nut to recover austron 2201a
GPS receivers and unfortunately I seem to have come to the conclusion that
we can not get the almanacs to update and will guess this would be the same
issue with these potentially. But the odetics does look a bit newer.

Drawing on the Austron I home brewed a down converter and that allowed me to
at least discover various information. So the fact that you have one working
a great step.
I suspect however the OCXO may not be all that exciting as time-nuttery
goes.

On the down converters granted 10 are dead. But any details on the
internals??
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL