[time-nuts] spur prediction DDS software

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 28 12:12:39 UTC 2011

On 1/28/11 3:59 AM, Luis Cupido wrote:
> Jim, Bob, Henry, Brian,
> Thanks to all.
> Very good.
>
> yeap, I do work on matlab so I think there is plenty now
> to keep me busy ;-)
>
> tks.
>
> Luis Cupido
> ct1dmk.
>

> p.s.(what's cooking)
> I need a relatively narrow tunning range
> but absolutely free of close in spurs,
> willing to see if a modest size DDS
> (inside an FPGA) will do so... and what parameters will
> be...

yes, you can do it... it kind of depends on "how narrow"...

You might also look at one of the Error filter schemes technique.  Over
a smallish range (10s of ppm) the coefficients don't need to change, it
really drops the close in spurs (if you're multiplying up) at the
expense of pushing the spur power farther away from the carrier.