[time-nuts] worth salvaging ?

Pete Lancashire pete at petelancashire.com
Fri Jan 28 17:51:07 UTC 2011

not in any way a scientific test

three antennas could 'see' sats after about 2 minutes. One can tell in
that one of the display options is to show sat number and state.

one antenna after about 10-15 minutes the sats one at a time would go
into a track mode,
then after another 5 minutes would finally go into lock. I don't know
where from track to lock
when the almanac gets updated. I know it is in that the button cells
died years ago.

Somewhere I may have a box of unused antenna/downconvers

tomorrow I'll gut one of the bad antenna/downcoverters and take a few pictures

antenna/downverter with plastic cover removed

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B86wM5n5RE3kOWY5MDRiNGItZjc4My00MjBhLTlkNWYtNWE3NmI0NDQ0NTgz&hl=en

circuit board

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B86wM5n5RE3kZDgyODNjNzMtZjYzYy00NTVmLThjNTgtZGUxNjMzMjcwOWE1&hl=en

why I want to save the LED's