[time-nuts] Temperature stability for Thunderbolt: results

WarrenS warrensjmail-one at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 29 12:46:46 UTC 2011

Check with Mark, It is probable in there some where as an undocumented
feature, I know the 'MOON MAN' thing is in there.
I tried LH's temperature controller as a room thermostat once by connecting
it up to a infrared electric heater thru an isolated SCR switch.

I figured, why just keep the Tbolt constant when you can keep the whole room
constant.
Because it will control a Heater and/or a Fan the hair-dryer thing should
work also.

ws

************************

On 28/01/11 13:58, Bob Camp wrote:
> Hi
>
> In the case of the TBolt and LH, the EFC sensitivity can be calibrated
> against GPS. It's a built in function on version 3.0 and it works pretty
> well. Over the ranges we're talking about observing for temperature,
> linearity is not likely to be an issue.
>
> I do have a wonderful example of how badly all this can go wrong. Snow has
> been piling up on the GPS antenna over the last couple days. The plots on
> all of the GPSDO's are going absolutely nuts. You could correlate stuff to
> temperature, but the more likely relationship would be to the thickness of
> the snow.
>
> No method is perfect ....

Maybe a LH controlled hair-dryer to burn off some snow?

Cheers,
Magnus