[time-nuts] power spectrum of hard limiter output

ehydra ehydra at arcor.de
Sat Jan 29 20:48:02 UTC 2011

Hi Magnus -

Well. I made homework for sure. Endless viewed websites what others had
done.
We all seek for the singularity of beauty in our art. At the moment this
is a CD4007 or similar without AGC. Cheap, effective. Not oversized. I
came from TCA440. One of the not many receiver chips where the IF is at
one output reachable. Then I found I must increase carrier frequency
beyound 30MHz. So the integrated mixer entered useless. I used an
external device. Next I found that the integrated IF-strip is not one of
the quiets... Remembering several statements about using CMOS inverters
in s.e.d. for analog reasons, the way was clear...

Implementing an AGC makes the design much more complicated. Can
oscillate etc.

Going without AGC seems a reasonable way if the modulation is one of the
phase modulation systems where amplitude is not very important.

Then look how big is the dynamic range of a simple CMOS inverter.

Meanwhile I found two examples made by others. So the way looks not to
idiotic ;-)

- Henry