[time-nuts] worth salvaging ?

Pete Lancashire pete at petelancashire.com
Sun Jan 30 01:57:02 UTC 2011

> You want to scrap these because???

time to thin the 'stuff' herd, i.e. I need the room. There at one time
were over 100 of these things, and maybe 40 recovered
antenna/downconverters. Add each has a 50' or 100' coax cable, a power
supply and they are taking a lot of space.

Just about every antenna/downconverter that lived outside is dead.
Plus I've been offered more for the HP displays then I've
been for the units.

For those curious they came from a company I worked at that is long
dead. They where only interested in a decent 1 PPS
and to replace Spectracom WWVB clocks. Odetics won the bid for 1,000
units and within a few months of being installed
the started to die. 90% where located in FM radio transmitter
buildings, so of which would cost $1,000 via helicopter to get
to in the winter. When they where replaced many of the
Antenna/downcoverters were just left behind. Odetics picked up the
bill to have them all replaced. They were suppose to be destroyed but
being a pack rat, I pulled them all out of the dropbox.

anyway .. I'll part out a few, take the HP LED's and offer them to the
t'nuts list members for the cost of shipping. I'll find out
how much can be shoved in a USPS flat rate box next week.

-pete