[time-nuts] Anyone Have Plug/Jumper Information on the 87-601 board in a TrueTime XL-DC?

Shane Justice KE7TR at cox.net
Sun Jul 3 20:07:55 UTC 2011

Hi Jim,

Thank you so much for your kind reply! I had looked through diligently
TrueTime's site prior to my original post, and just finished looking
through Symmetricom's site, and found a very handy index, but I can't
locate schematics or board-level pictorials of the main board. Also,
Section XXXI of the manual is not on either site for download, so no
help there (this section mentions 1, 5, & 10 MHz outputs). The manuals
are not stored in their entirety, so I have to cherry-pick sections,
if you will.

The unit I have has the large LCD time display, as well as the smaller
control/status display. the options plugged into the back include one
card with three outputs- at 1 MHz and one card with three outputs at 5
MHz.

What I call the "main" card is the one in the right-most position
(viewed from the rear of the chassis), with the designation 87-601.
This card has all the jumper plugs that go to the top row of unlabeled
BNC connections. The bottom row of BNCs include an   input for the GPS
signal, an IRIG output or two, and a DB-9 connector labeled RS-232 (I
have hooked this to a Linux box and successfully gotten a tier-1 NTP
server function to work on the Linux Box). My only source of
consternation is knowledge on the strip of pins that allow hard-
configuration of the four BNCs on the top row of this module...

Perhaps someone has a manual gathering dust somewhere and could dust
it off and give me a hint or two???

Thank you for your clues Jim- I  was able to find the configuration
list after your suggestion. If you have other thoughts, I'd appreciate
hearing them.

Thank you,
Shane