[time-nuts] fluke.l monitor for Thunderbolt . . . the saga continues

Arthur Dent golgarfrincham at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 6 20:39:03 UTC 2011

I seem to remember someone on this list posting that the original processor
was no longer available so this required a board change to accommodate a
new processor. I think the new processor also requires 3.3vdc but if you
Google the chip's part number I'm sure you can find all the specs and this
will answer your questions.

If the new chip requires 3.3 vdc and there aren't 3 diodes on the board to drop
the 5 vdc down, this will be a problem. The old board had 3 zero ohm resistors
in place of the diodes and this is why some of the boards failed. As I had
posted previously, I used a red LED as a 1.7-1.8 volt zener to drop the 5 volts
down to the proper value.  The LED went in place of the 3 regular diodes.

    -Arthur