[time-nuts] Am I the only Time Nut who doesn't wear a watch?

ed breya eb at telight.com
Fri Jul 8 16:47:44 UTC 2011

I also hate wearing any kind of jewelry - watchbands and rings seem
to cut off circulation, even when sized right. A few years ago I
accidentally wrecked the nice Seiko that my wife gave me. Since then
I have used cheap no-brand watches attached to my 30 year old Speidel
Twistoflex band - the only kind that I can stand to wear.  When I get
a new watch, I just toss the band and hook it up to the old
Twistoflex, and it's good for a couple of more years. I have found
the best deal so far - $5 for battery powered analog ones at Big
Lots. I bought a couple of spares for when my $20 one finally craps
out. I have spent about a thousand dollars over the years collecting
various GPS, Rb, and OCXO items for precision frequency references,
but $5 seems about right for an everyday timepiece. It's OK with me
as long as my watch isn't off by more than a few minutes, but I want
my 10 MHz to be perfect.