[time-nuts] Am I the only Time Nut who doesn't wear a watch?

Chuck Harris cfharris at erols.com
Fri Jul 8 19:21:33 UTC 2011

Hi Pete,

I wasn't implying that it was a cheapie... though most of the more expensive
watches are at least 21J...   A solid gold case will bring the price up pdq!
I was just saying that a lot of companies are giving "gold" watches to any
employee that hangs on long enough to retire.  The cost of that gift isn't
necessarily high enough to preclude the gesture.

I think the sentiment behind a company giving a treasured employee a gold
watch on retirement is a very nice one... hopefully there will be some sort
of pension to go along with it... In my grandfather's day, that wasn't often
the case.  The watch *was* the pension.

-Chuck