[time-nuts] NERC/TEC test

Rex rexa at sonic.net
Fri Jul 8 20:31:43 UTC 2011

On 7/8/2011 7:57 AM, Javier Herrero wrote:
> As a matter of curiosity... Am I the only time nut that does not wear
> a wrist watch? Or... perhaps I'm not a true time nut... :)
>
> Regards,
>
> Javier

He he. Me too. Back when I used to wear a wrist watch, I found I would
neurotically keep glancing at it even though I didn't have any reason to
want to know the time. Other disadvantages: wrist tan lines, bashing a
good watch against something, snagging safety issues, etc.

My solution -- I bought a cheap Timex quartz wristwatch and cut and
filed the lugs for the wrist band off of it. So I turned it into a small
pocket watch. When I really want to know the time I reach into my pocket
and pull it out.

Now I usually carry a phone too, but I find the "pocket watch" easier to
read, so I keep that too.