[time-nuts] Defective Z3801 and strange PS board

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Sat Jul 9 15:31:39 UTC 2011

Hi

Guess 1:

Design it all with the first set of switchers, run it through all the fancy do them one time tests. Get to the last test, fail. Project is now well behind schedule.
What's the fast fix? Slap on a wider range / lower emission / better isolation / what ever switcher in front of what you have already. Not pretty, but much faster than doing it right.

Guess 2:

Inventory items reduction fun and games / use the standard parts list. Much easier to design with parts that somebody else has put into the system than to put in new ones. Might even get a gold star for doing it that way. Companies get on those sort of band wagons from time to time.

Bob