[time-nuts] Am I the only Time Nut who doesn't wear a watch?

Steve Rooke sar10538 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 05:47:55 UTC 2011

Hi Hal,

On 11 July 2011 17:12, Hal Murray <hmurray at megapathdsl.net> wrote:

> The crystals on my PCs are ballpark of 1 PPM per C.  I'd expect a watch
> crystal to be tuned to human temperature environments and be better than
> that.   I guess I'll have to get setup to collect some data.

This watch is not quartz, it is fully mechanical with a balance wheel.

> 4 seconds per day would be great if it were guaranteed over a wide
> temperature range, but that web page didn't mention anything about
> temperature.

I wonder how well the human oven works in maintaining the environment
of a watch xtal or balance wheel, assuming the watch is worn 24x7.

Steve
--
Steve Rooke - ZL3TUV & G8KVD
The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.