Kurt Pernstich kurt.pernstich at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 22:41:31 UTC 2011

I prefer the National Instruments GPIB-USB-HS card and I have lot's of (good) experience with it, although for personal use it might be too pricy. The PCI versions also worked fine for me but are less flexible than the USB version.

The Agilent 82357B USB/GPIB interface should be equivalent, but I have not much experience with it, other than that it worked in a test with Instrument Control.

For personal use you might consider the Prologix GPIB-USB adapter (on Windows). It is supported by Instrument Control (currently only on Windows), and although it is slower and a bit more cumbersome to program (which is solved in Instrument Control) it is doing fine (I am still debugging the Prologix controller on Mac systems). A few colleagues of mine also used it successfully.

Best,
Kurt