[time-nuts] Broadband synthesizer

Bill Dailey docdailey at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 02:04:13 UTC 2011

Ok, I have a dds receiver locked to a gpsdo, the radio can only be tuned in  1 hz increments but should be dead on. I can feed the passband into speclab via VAC and measure a carrier OTA.  No problem there...can get decent resolution but there is some uncertainty with regard to the dds (frequent dependent).  What I would like do is inject a known frequency to either zero-beat the carrier (assuming I can get something with millihertz resolution) or provide a non-superimposed carrier that I can reference via difference in speclab.  The whole point is to eliminate or measure the dds offset at a particular frequency.