[time-nuts] MIT RADIATION LABORATORY SERIES 1940-1945 (28 VOLS) on eBay

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 13 14:23:04 UTC 2011

On 7/13/11 6:55 AM, J. Forster wrote:
> there is a Yahoo Group, MIT-Rad-Lab-Books where you might get lucky on the
> missing volumes.
>
> There was a complete, scanned set on two CDs around also. The copyright
> status is unknown though.

Have to check for sure, but they might be non-copyright.  Were they
funded by the U.S.Govt, for instance?

(from one web page, which I recognize is not authoritative, "After the
end of World War II, the United States government continued to pay key
people who had worked at the Radiation Laboratory for six months to
enable them to write about their work.")

on the other hand, one would think that it would be readily findable on
the web if it were out of copyright.  THere are links to sites which no
longer exist, so methinks it's in copyright and MIT is out assiduously
asking people to take down their copies when they find them.  (they tend
to be at researchy kinds of places.. Jefferson Labs, UCSD, etc.)

The CDs themselves are almost certainly copyrighted..