[time-nuts] More 60Hz graphs - NTPD Issue

Jason Rabel jason at extremeoverclocking.com
Wed Jul 13 14:30:41 UTC 2011

Hal,

I believe by default the maxpoll is 10 (1024 seconds / ~17min)... If you manually set each server in your config I think the max
setting can be as high as 14 or 17 (maybe higher?), which can bump it into the hours / days range... Even just a bump to 12 would
give you a little over an hour between polls...

I don't know what OS you are running, or if you leave it on 24/7 (I would assume if you are logging), but it might be worth
tinkering with.

My DSL does the same thing when the line saturates, especially if I'm uploading something big I can't do anything else because most
of the time things will just time-out... Where's the gigabit to the home that we've been promised?!?!