[time-nuts] MIT RADIATION LABORATORY SERIES 1940-1945 (28 VOLS) on eBay

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 13 15:22:56 UTC 2011

On 7/13/11 8:05 AM, jmfranke wrote:
> The original series was copyrighted 1947 by McGraw-Hill Book Company.
> The agreement with the government was the copyright would later be
> lifted. I know in 1964 the grey colored small size book series were
> printed by Boston Technical Publishers, Inc. with no copyright.

SO the burning question would be "where is that original agrement"..
(because MIT will probably not want to go digging through their files to
confirm or deny..)

It might well be that McGraw-Hill holds the copyright on that particular
printed form (i.e. pagination, etc.) but not the contents  (e.g. Westlaw
can copyright their lawbooks, but not the underlying actual legal codes)