[time-nuts] The future of UTC

iovane at inwind.it iovane at inwind.it
Thu Jul 14 22:51:12 UTC 2011

Unless I'm missing something, it seems to me that this matter has not yet been discussed among time-nuts:
http://futureofutc.org
>From the above website:
A conclusive proposal to fundamentally redefine UTC is scheduled for a vote by the Radiocommunications Assembly of the ITU-R in January, 2012. The proposal will halt the contribution of so-called leap seconds to UTC after 2017, and will also terminate the requirement that time services transmit the difference between UT1 and UTC. If approved, UTC would no longer be useful as a type of Universal Time for most technical applications.
Antonio I8IOV