[time-nuts] Rb cooling

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Mon Jul 18 16:33:59 UTC 2011

Hi

Yes, I have seen several Rb's die from what I believe were temperature
related causes. Since it's an accelerated MTBF sort of thing, *proving* they
were temperature related is difficult.
Put another way - I believe the manufacturer's data on MTBF vs temperature
is fairly accurate. At elevated temperatures, the life of the device is in
the "few years" (2 to 4) range.

Bob