[time-nuts] DDS'ery narrow scoped.

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Thu Jul 21 08:11:46 UTC 2011

On 21/06/11 12:48, Luis Cupido wrote:
> Yes that right. Is clear that I would have a 10ns jitter,
> So the catch would be to find a scheme to spread spurs out or to push
> them away from carrier. Then they would not bother me (would not pass
> the PLL).

You want to consider a phase-accumulator with a steerable or suitable
sequence length. That way you can match up the ratio to form a suitable
for the frequency you want and the spurioses will become harmonics so to
speak.

Such a phase-accumulator gets shortend and takes some comparision of
phase-state to translate state at the end of the sequence to the next
period. A bit more logic, but comes with some nice properties.

Cheers,
Magnus - this reply was only a month late...